Expert Proofreading, Services Available 24/7
Good writing helps you to communicate clearly, which is vital for achieving your goals. And this makes proofreading – the process of correcting errors and making sure your documents read smoothly – a great investment.
We’ll even match you with the perfect editor for your document. So submit your work today and find out why we’re the USA’s premier online proofreading service.
How Will Proofreading Help Me?
Our proofreading services will help you perfect your writing while preserving your voice. As part of this, we will:
- Provide a full grammar, spelling, and punctuation check
- Fix inconsistencies in capitalization
- Check your word choice and suggest improvements
- Highlight issues of clarity in the text
- Make sure the written tone is suitable for the document type
- Leave comments with helpful feedback on writing style
- Apply advice from your chosen style guide (if applicable)
In short, our proofreading is about checking your writing is technically perfect without changing its content or meaning. This makes it great for putting a final polish on your work. It is also ideal for students, as we always follow university plagiarism guidelines.
Proofreading Vs. Copy Editing
You may have noticed we used the term “copy editing” above. Technically, this is different from proofreading in the traditional sense. In the old days:
- “Proofreading” meant checking a printed proof. This “proof” was an early version of a typeset text, so all a proofreader would do is look for typos.
- “Copy editing” was the last step in the editing process before a text was typeset. It usually involved editing a document so that it followed a specific style guide.
This distinction is looser with most online proofreading services. For example, we combine traditional proofreading with some elements of copy editing.
But proofreading is always about making minor changes. If you need more help with your document, you may want to try our editing services instead.
The Proofreading Process
To get your document proofread, all you need to do is:
- Upload your document to our site
- Brief us on your editing requirements (e.g., referencing style)
- Check the price and make your payment
- Wait while our editors check your document
- Download the edited document from your user area (we will email you when it is ready)
When we’re done, we’ll send you two copies of your work: a “clean” copy that is ready for use and a Track Changes copy with all edits saved. You’ll then be able to check and approve every change we make, so you’re always in control of the final draft.
We can also work with a wide range of document formats, from Microsoft Word documents to PowerPoint presentations. So whatever you’re working on, we can help. See our document formats page for an overview of the files you can upload to our site.
Who We Cater To
We cater to a variety of customers. We also tailor our service to suit your needs. Select a user type below to find out more.
Trusted globally by thousands of companies and universities, including: