Professional Editing Services
Transform Your Writing
500 words free!
use promo code
Professional Editing, Available 24/7
While proofreading focuses on errors, editing is more involved. It’s about refining your writing so it has the greatest impact on readers. This is why it pays to have an expert editor check your work. And Proofed is the USA’s premier online editorial service.
Expert Editing Services
So what does a professional editing service involve? Everything that you get with our proofreading service, for one thing. This means:
- A full grammar, spelling, and punctuation check
- Fixing all inconsistencies and typos
- Checking your syntax and word choice
- Making sure the written tone is consistent
- Ensuring the document follows your style guide (if applicable)
But with our professional editing services, we can also:
- Revise sentences for clarity and concision
- Restructure passages to ensure text flows smoothly
- Edit text to change or adapt its tone
- Make revisions to improve the overall quality of writing
- Leave helpful feedback and suggestions in comments
In other words, we offer professional proofreading and editing services that cover every aspect of your writing. And we’re happy to tailor our work to your requirements. Just let us know what you need when you upload your document.
Depending on your university’s plagiarism guidelines, this service may not be suitable for students. But if you need a lighter touch, try our student proofreading service.
To have a Microsoft Word file checked, all you need to do is:
- Upload your document to our site
- Brief us on your editing requirements (e.g., referencing style)
- Complete your payment and let us find the perfect editor to check your document
After that, we will email you when your edited document is ready to download from your user area. This will include:
- A “clean” copy that is ready for use
- A Track Changes copy with all edits saved
You can then review every change we make, so you’re always in control of the final draft. And as well as Word documents, we can work with files from PDFs to PowerPoint presentations. See our supported formats page for more information.
Who We Cater To
We provide professional editing for a wide range of customer types. Select the profile below that best describes you to find out more.
Our standard service is what some call “line editing,” which focuses on improving the text line by line. But we also offer substantive and developmental editing on request (e.g., if you’d like an editor to work with you to develop a manuscript or make significant revisions to a first draft). So if your document needs a heavier edit, let us know how we can help.
Fast Editing And Proofreading Services
To make sure you get your document back in time, we offer three levels of service:
- Regular – Documents of up to 10,000 words checked within 24 hours
- Express – Get your work back in as little as 12 hours
- Rapid – Documents checked in as little as 3 hours
So no matter how tight your deadline may be, we have a service for you. Simply select Regular, Express, or Rapid when you upload your document.
Express and Rapid services are subject to availability. If we are unable to provide a service at the time of your upload, its icon will be grayed out in the menu above.